My College Life at Visayas State University Tolosa

               

        “College isn’t easy”, that’s what they mostly say, and I couldn’t agree more especially when I experienced college firsthand. “It won’t be easy, but I will survive”, have always been my response, it will be hard, but I will, and I can because I have to. As an education student in Visayas State University I can proudly say that I’m already on my second year, I survived my first year and hopefully, I will also survive the years coming until I graduate. Being an education student was actually never on my list of college course choices. I didn’t even like the idea of taking education as my course but my journey as an education student made me love the idea of teaching.


            “What if I won’t have friends?”, “What if I don’t know anyone in class?” Honestly those were the first concerns I had in mind considering that I find making friends hard, but luckily, me and my friend ended up in the same block. My first year isn’t that much eventful considering that we were doing distance learning, which is online classes. I didn’t feel the pressure of being a college student back then, but when face-to-face classes was announced, and when I finally entered my classroom which is inside the Koica Building it feels like I’m only starting my college journey despite me being on my second year already.

             My college life literally felt like it officially started the moment I entered the classroom. The pressure suddenly sinks in. College is indeed a tough ride, an eventful journey, but having people to share the same struggles and problems makes it more bearable. I’ve met friends whom I’ve been sharing my college journey up until this day, they’ve became my support system. What made me feel luckier is that I’ve got a big family inside the four walls of Room 202, who all agrees on the same saying “walang iwanan”.

Comments